Curator of Science
Museum Boerhaave, the National Museum for the History of Science and Medicine in the Netherlands, invites applications for a Curator in the Science Department. This department cares for the collection of the museum by:
- management (such as acquisition and decollectioning)
- historical research (providing cultural context and researching literature)
- engaging in public outreach (by lectures and articles)
- providing input for exhibitions (selecting objects and writing texts)
Museum Boerhaave is looking for somebody with:
- a degree in one of the sciences
- experience in the history of science (preferably a PhD degree in a relevant area)
- a broad interest in scientific instruments
- experience with museum work
- the ability to speak and write for a broad audience
(non-native speakers will be asked to acquire the Dutch language within reasonable time)
The hours available will amount to 32 hours (4 days) a week. Pay will be on a paid as claimed basis at Grade 12 on the Dutch Museum salary scale, with a maximum of € 4.574,- a month (on full-time basis of 36 hours, excluding extras).
Applications should be sent to:J.F. Parmentier
P.O. Box 11280
2301 EG Leiden
or by email to: email@example.com to arrive no later than 15 May 2010.
Information on the museum can be found on www.museumboerhaave.nl.